As a company we take our work very seriously, and given the recent Coronavirus outbreak, we have taken the following precautions to minimise the risk of infection to our employees and customers, whilst still providing our services to you where absolutely necessary.
The Director of Nulecrics Ltd, AJ Greenman, is leading the management of our prevention and control policies.
When you call, you will be asked if you are elderly, at risk, been in contact with anyone who’s become ill or have any breathing issues, such as asthma.
If a Nulectrics Ltd employee shows any symptoms they will be called off work until they are cleared by the doctors to go back to work.
Nulectrics Procedures to reduce infection risk
- We are in contact every day to keep up to date with everyone’s health and following the government’s guidance on self-isolation/quarantine. All staff are encouraged to report any symptoms and they are dealt with according to the government’s guidance.
- If any outbreaks are linked with any of our clients we will reduce contact to an absolute minimum, and if necessary, postpone the work until two weeks after the reported outbreak. This will be handled on a case by case basis and a decision will be made using the government guidance.
- We will comply with any investigation by relevant authorities.
- Our employees will only be attending work that is deemed safe to do so. Every employee has been briefed to use the following tools to reduce risk
• Reduce contact with the customer. We usually enjoy conversing with our customers, but at this time we will be reducing it to a minimum and asking customers to stay in a separate room while we carry out the work. We are trying to keep 2 metres distance at all times.
• We are using masks, gloves and anti-bacterial to reduce risk of carrying and transferring infection.
• Staff are washing their hands before and after site entry.
- We are keeping records of the staff contact, training and updates.